The last time I searched about Swine Flu, I searched to get information about what this disease is.. And when I searched it this time, I searched to see the influence it has on India.
I hope this ALERTS and ALARMS us !!
The results in google show the first result as the news from India. India is showing the increasing signs of swine flu and this post is for my fellow countrymen to help them prepare to deal with this menace.
I sincerely request Bharat ki Junta ( People of India) to use all the social media to spread awareness about swine flu. Blog about it, tell your family and friends they can take precaution, use social media like FaceBook, Twitter, orkut etc to spread a word.
The biggest problem is by the time the victim know that he/she has contracted the virus, it is too late. Pls DO NOT ignore your cold, cough and fever if it lasts for 2 days. Do get your swab test done and make sure you are free of this virus. The Govt of India has enough vaccine to tackle the disease, but that does not means that we should wait and get inflicted by the disease. In most cases, a person dies within 15-20 days of contracting the disease and even if the medicine ( Tamiflu etc) is given at a later stage, it is of no use !
As we all know that swine flu spreads very fast and is taking lives every day, the only way to make sure you are not it's victim is to take precautions. Make sure you avoid crowds. Wash your hands regularly and if you feel you have the symptoms, do visit your nearest hospital for checkup.
Watch this video for Symptoms of Swine Flu:
What You Can Do to Stay Healthy [Source: http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/ ]
1. Stay informed. This website will be updated regularly as information becomes available.
2. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people. Take everyday actions to stay healthy.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
4. Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
5. Stay home if you get sick. Stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them. Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures. Find healthy ways to deal with stress and anxiety.
Visit the following links for further information about swine flu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wK1127fHQ4 [Excellent video providing info on swine flu ] http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/ [Most comprehensive coverage of swine flu ]
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Swineflu/DG_177831 [ From the govt of UK ]